Monday 29 April 2013

Everything Related to Hurt


A performance based on and about language.
During my conversation with a French girl in which we were taking about our work, I asked if she ever took photographs. She told me, that the previous summer she had documented everything related to hurt. Something I found really interesting in relation to her work on love. It was only a few minutes later I realized, that she had in fact said everything related to heart and had pronounced heart in a French way, leaving the ea sounding like a u.

I could not get the sentence out of my head. Everything related to hurt. It somehow sound intriguing and to me much more interesting and profound than everything related to heart. Therefore I decided to take it on as a working title for a future project, that I at that point didn’t know what was going to be.

What is hurt and what does it involve?
I find that most times we hurt ourselves through our perception of the actions of other people, more than their actual intend to hurt us.
What I mean by this is that hurt is often induced from within, a negative value added to an action of another person.
If your lover fails to say he loves you, it hurts because you want him to; if you cannot get over a past lover it isn’t because of him but your own inability to let him go, hence you keep hurting yourself by constantly reaffirming a love not reciprocated; if there is caused trouble in paradise it is often because of misreading and wrong interpretations.
We create the hurt through our private language; we speak towards others though they cannot hear us, thus hurt is dependent on someone else and yet much more on our own expectations to this individual

In this performance I am exploring my private language, toward various men in my life; by trying to speak my inner language out loud, my perception of things that are not necessarily true.

I will be performing this, Saturday the 4th in the “Direct Action” festival, a part of “The Month Of Performance Art Berlin”. In case you are in the area you should come check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment